DATE: October 12, 2021
TO: Derby Manor Residents and Families
FROM: Ava Turner, Executive Director
Re: Visitor Vaccination Requirements _______________________________________________________________________________
On October 6th, 2021, the Provincial Health Officer and the Ministry of Health announced updated requirements for visitation in long-term care and seniors’ assisted living facilities. In recognition of the added layer of protection provided by the COVID-19 vaccines and given the vulnerability of Residents, Derby Manor will also be following this Order.
Effective October 12, 2021:
• All Visitors are now required to be fully vaccinated (7 days post-second dose) against COVID-19, excluding children under 12 years or those with an approved medical exemption. Proof of vaccination (e.g., BC Vaccine Card or equivalent from other provinces) is required prior to entering or passing through the home.
• Visitors who do not demonstrate that they are either partially or fully vaccinated will not be able to enter the home (excluding children under 12 years or those with an approved medical exemption).
• All Visitors are required to show proof of vaccination prior to entry, including if only to pass through the facility to access an outdoor space.
• Visitors must adhere to the following measures until they are confirmed as fully vaccinated:
– Wear a medical mask for the duration of the visit
– Fully vaccinated visitors must wear masks in common areas
Effective November 30, 2021:
• Visitors must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated to enter the home (excluding children under 12 years or those with an approved medical exemption).
Thank you for your ongoing support as we continue to navigate through these challenging times.